last few drawings from december

The POSB ATM machine at Bedok. Ballpoint + watercolour + photoshop.

The new Bedok interchange. Homemade cane pen + waterolour.

My dad likes going to The Line at Shangri-la for special occasions. My uncle on the left and my dad on the right. I try not to eat too much since it is a buffet. Or I will have to sit up in bed to sleep. Hero pen + watercolour.

Had some dubious unlabeled bottle of ink and I thought I should just use it to get rid of it so I can put some new good ink into the bottle. So I drew this. Rather fun to just draw in the noir style I must say!
Brush and ink.

Using the new Spirit of Bamboo waterproof ink Aunty Amy gave me. I put it in my hero pen since I can wash it easily after using. Hero pen + watercolours.

Drawing with James at Holland V. Noodler's Ahab pen with Sentosa Tranquility ink + watercolour.

Noodler's Ahab pen with Sentosa Tranquility ink + watercolour.

Pilot Falcon pen with Ebony blue ink. Nice ink. It's not waterproof and it bleeds well.


Added gum arabic to coffee to make ink. Don't know if that's the proper way to make ink. But so far it's working. Ballpoint + coffee ink.


My brother-in-law, Dao Zhe, is back from Vienna! He, Von and Xiwen sat on the living room floor and sorted out the presents as is tradition to do in their house when one comes back from overseas. Parker 51 + photoshop.

Comments

asdf said…
These are some of my favorite drawings of yours. I love the fluidity and variety of approaches. Also, your posts are not helping my fountain pen addiction. It's great to see you drawing with the parker 51, your style shows regardless of the tools you use.
Andrew Tan said…
Hi guy, im banned from getting new pens for 2 months after buying that parker 51. And parker 51 is still more suitable for writing i feel. But i realise that by applying the universal foundations of tonal values, color theory and composition, any tool can produce a good drawing. Of course, some tools take getting more used to than others.